- Registration, Discounts, and Billing. Payment must be received within 30 days of registration to avoid cancellation. To receive the FREE WEEK discount members must sign up for 28-week season and payment must be received within 30 days of registration and before the start of the Early Season. You may sign up for one season at a time as long as space is available. Payment must be in full because Norman's commits to local farmers for your membership.
- Refunds. Once the season has begun (in the Spring) no refunds will be issued. This is because our farmers are depending upon us to purchase the fruits & vegetables which we have contracted them to grow based on our member registration. If you register once our season has begun for the year, there are no refunds issued.
- Make-up Policy for missed shares. Norman's offers our members a make-up policy as a courtesy, and reserves the right to deny a make-up based upon availability of product. THERE ARE NO MAKE-UPS ALLOWED FOR MAY SEASON SHARES. 1. If you cannot make your regular scheduled CSA pickup you may come to another CSA pickup the same week (our week starts on Sundays). We ask that you stick to your regular pickup unless it is an emergency. 2. You may make up one week per 8 week season (Early, Mid, Late), by doubling. All makeups must be made within the 8 week season missed. All other missed shares may be picked up at another CSA location, Roadside stand or a friend can pickup in your name. 3. Pickup at roadside stand: Picking up at the stand only the same week you are missing, you cannot makeup a week at the stand, please only do this if it is an emergency and you cannot make any other CSA pickups (not to mention you have greater options at the CSA). There are no doubles allowed at the roadside stands and no CSA payments either please. You will have a dollar amount credit (depending on your size share) at the stands to use (this does not include any sales or specials we run at the stands), so it is in your best interest to come to a CSA pickup.
- Inclement Weather. CSA pickups will be held rain or shine, however in the event of hazardous weather conditions Norman’s will notify members of pickup cancellation via email notification. If a pickup is cancelled, members will be issued a makeup.
- Designated Pickup Location. All shares must be picked up at the location selected by member at registration or made up at the roadside markets during business hours. You can only come to the roadside market on the week you miss your share.
- Share of the Harvest. Our shares are designed to divide the harvest fairly among our members. Small member shares are about 3/5 the size of large shares. Shares are measured in a series of steps consisting of pints, quarts, bunches, ¼ pecks, and ½ pecks. Members are expected to honor the designated portions and not overfill. Members that overfill will be asked to put back produce. Overfilling diminishes other member’s shares and jeopardizes the system of the CSA. Members which intentionally overfill or take advantage of the system will have their membership suspended without refund. Portions and sizes of shares are subject to change throughout season based on availability and supply of product.
- Donations. Norman’s donates or composts ALL missed shares on a weekly basis due to their perishable nature. Our commitment to farmers is made prior to the growing season and does not take into account our member’s weekly plans or personal conflicts. We ask that our members honor their commitment to participate in our CSA program and accept that any missed shares will not be credited back to the member at the end of the season.
- Crop Failure. CSA members share in the risks as well as the benefits of the growing season. Risks in farming include pests, drought, excessive rain, wind, and crop failure. In case of shortage in supply Norman's will distribute available product fairly amongst its members and if necessary reserves the right to discontinue make-up shares.
NORMAN'S FARM MARKET RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE CSA POLICIES WITHOUT NOTIFICATION.