Bonita squash is my favorite squash because it holds up well while cooking and doesn’t get soft and mushy.
- 4 Bonita Squash, sliced in thin circles
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 ear of fresh picked corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 4-5 leaves of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- In a frying pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter on medium high heat.
- Add onions and let fry for 3 minutes until opaque and slightly browned then add the Bonita squash and cook for 5 minutes, stirring a couple times.
- Then add the corn kernels and cook for 2 more minutes. Last add the basil and stir to mix well.
- You can add Feta cheese at the end and grilled sausage or fish…delish!