Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS butter
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Trim off the stems and remove any limp leaves from the brussels sprouts. Cover the brussels sprouts with water, bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the olive oil, garlic and onion. Saute for a few minutes until the onion becomes tender.
- Add the blanched, drained brussels sprouts and saute for a few minutes until they are cooked to your liking.
- Add the vinegar and toss the sprouts so they are coated with vinegar. Add the butter and salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
- Serve & enjoy!