- 1 1/2 pound fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Trim off the stems and remove any limp leaves from the brussels sprouts. Blanch the sprouts in boiling water to cover for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the olive oil (remember, hot pan before the oil keeps food from sticking) garlic and onion. Saute a few minutes until the onion just becomes tender. Add the blanched, drained brussels sprouts. Saute a few minutes until they are cooked to your liking. Add the vinegar and toss so that all the sprouts are coated with the vinegar. Add the butter and salt and pepper to taste and toss again.