Cinnamon Honey Oat Baked Pears
Pears are halved and filled with a light oat crumble that has flavors of cinnamon and brown sugar. When drizzled with honey and baked in the oven, this everyday fruit becomes a bubbling sweet morsel.
- 3-4 ripe pears, cut in half with core removed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts (finely chopped, optional)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- honey (to drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut pears in half and gently scoop out the core and create a shallow well in the middle for the oat crumble. Brush a light layer of melted butter onto each pear half. Reserve the rest of the melted butter for the next step.
- In a bowl combine rolled oats, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Slowly pour in the rest of your melted butter and mix with your hands until everything is mixed.
- Spoon about 2 TBSP worth of the crumble into each pear half. Arrange the pears halves on a baking sheet and drizzle with a generous amount of honey. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until pears are soft. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Tip: Store any extra pear halves in an airtight container. To reheat, bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 mins, taking care not to burn the pears.