Della Terra Trumpet Trio Pasta with Roasted Root Vegetables
Porcini Mushroom, Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach were combined to create the perfect hearty dish. The combination of these natural flavors resulted in the creation of its name, which means “of the Earth.”
- 4.5 oz. Pappardelle’s Gluten-Free Della Terra Trumpet Trio
- 1 large parsnip, peeled & sliced*
- 1 large carrot, peeled & sliced*
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled & sliced*
- 2 rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4.5 oz. Brussels sprouts, trimmed & cut in half or quarters
- 1/2 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 oz. fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- Fig Balsamic ( or Regular)
*Be sure veggies are cut the same size to ensure even cooking.
This recipe can be doubled to use the entire bag of pasta.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss parsnip, carrot and rutabaga pieces with salt & pepper, rosemary and a bit of EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil). Spread evenly on a baking sheet with garlic. Bake 25-30 mins., or until knife tender and caramelized. Rotate veggies halfway through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts and blanch for about 1 minute. Drain and dry thoroughly. Heat EVOO in a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the Brussels sprouts. (Be careful not to overcrowd the pan.) Season with salt & pepper and cook for about 10 mins, rotating sprouts throughout to ensure an even sear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While other veggies are roasting, heat the sauté pan to low heat, fill bottom with EVOO and add leeks. Cook for about 15 mins., or until soft and translucent, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, bring another pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain, reserving a couple ladles of pasta water, and transfer pasta to a large bowl. Add cheese, roasted vegetables, Brussels sprouts, and leeks. Toss with balsamic and pasta water. Serve and enjoy!