Easy Tart Cherry Jam
Tart Cherries are here! Why not try this easy jam recipe?
- 1 lb of tart cherries (2-3 cups of pitted cherries, chopped)
- 1.5-2 cups of granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you want your jam to be)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- In a medium-sized, heavy pot, start cooking your cherries, sugar, and lemon juice on medium heat. Stir and bring to a boil. After your mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat slightly and continue to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While your mixture is simmering for the 20 minutes, put a pyrex dish in the freezer. This cold dish will be used for testing your jam.
- After the 20 minutes, pull the dish out of the freezer and pour a spoonful on of jam on it. If the jam becomes thick immediately and has a wrinkled texture to it, it is ready!
- Allow the jam to cool to for about 15-20 minutes before jarring it. In a clean glass jar, pour in your cherry jam. Seal tightly with a lid. This can stay in the fridge for up to one month!