Green & Yellow Wax Beans with Fresh Dill
If you picked up a Dill plant from one of the first weeks of the CSA, there should be plenty to harvest by now! Or grab a fresh bunch at your next pickup along with some green & yellow wax beans, and you are all set to make this super easy dish!
- 1 pint green and/or yellow beans
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Prepare the beans: Cut and discard the ends of the beans. Place into a medium pot with cold water, bring to a boil and let cook for 1 minute. Strain and immediately plunge the beans into a bowl of ice water. Stir while they cool. Once cooled, drain well and chop on an angle into 1-inch pieces.
- Assemble side dish: Place the beans into a medium-sized or large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add lemon juice and dill and toss lightly to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.