Grilled Corn Salad
Eastern Shore Corn is here! And since it’s the first weekend of summer, it’s the perfect time to pick up some corn from our roadside stands and fire up the grill!
- 4 ears of fresh corn, husked
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1½ tablespoons mayo
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- ⅓ cup scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika or chili powder
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush the corn with olive oil and grill for 2 minutes per side, or until char marks form. Remove from grill and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo, garlic, and lime zest and juice.
- Slice the kernels off the corn and add to the bowl along with the scallions.
- Stir to coat, then add the cheese, cilantro, smoked paprika, jalapeño, and salt.
- Season to taste and serve immediately (or chill until ready to serve).