Grilled Potato & Corn Salad
Potato and corn salads are always a hit at BBQs… why not combine them into one awesome summer salad? This grilled potato and corn salad is sure to impress your family & friends at your next gathering!
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 poblano peppers
- 4 medium ears of sweet corn, husked
- 6 spring onions
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese (crumbled feta can be substituted)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: Lime wedges, fresh cilantro leaves and additional crumbled Cotija cheese (or feta)
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes. Drain potatoes and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill poblanos, covered, over high heat until skins are blistered and blackened on all sides, 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Immediately place peppers in a small bowl; let stand, covered, 20 minutes. Reduce grill temperature to medium heat.
- Brush corn with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place potatoes in a grill basket. Grill corn and potatoes, covered, over medium heat until tender and lightly browned, 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Grill spring onions until blackened, approximately 5-6 minutes. Cut into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from poblanos; remove stems and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/2-in. pieces and add to onions.
- Cut corn from cobs; add corn and potatoes to pepper and onion mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise and lime juice until blended; stir in cheese, cilantro, zest, salt and pepper. Add dressing to potato mixture, stirring to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Optional: Top with additional Cotija cheese/feta, cilantro and serve with lime wedges.