The weather is cooling down now, and it is the perfect time to heat your Norman’s freshly pressed apple cider! Add some aromatic and warming spices to make this drink hit the spot. This recipe shows you the kinds of seasonal flavors that will take your cider to the next level of delicious! Try this out in a slow cooker or a small pot on the stove. You can’t go wrong with this one!
- 1/2 gallon freshly pressed apple cider
- 4 sticks of cinnamon
- 10 whole cloves
- 12 allspice berries
- zest from 1 orange (and a few slices for garnish)
- 1-inch piece of ginger (sliced)
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- In a large pot, begin heating your 1/2 gallon of cider. As it heats up, add in your zest of orange and the rest of your ingredients.
- Bring this to simmer, occasionally stirring to mix flavors. Reduce heat to low and maintain a light simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the flavors are distinct smelling. Strain out all the large ingredients with a fine-mesh sieve.
- Serve hot or store in the fridge to heat up again on the stove.
(Add in your favorite rum or whiskey for a spiked version!)