Yields 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/4 hours
- 1 1/4 cups halved pitted fresh cherries or thawed and drained frozen cherries
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries or thawed and drained frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 16 ladyfingers (see Note)
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt (see Note)
- 4 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (see Tip)
- Toss cherries, blueberries and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Layer 2 ladyfingers, about 1/4 cup fruit mixture and 2 tablespoons yogurt in four 10- to 12-ounce tumblers or similar-size glasses. Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers, fruit and yogurt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon almonds just before serving.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Top with almonds just before serving.
- Notes: For this recipe, we recommend using ladyfingers with a soft, sponge-cake texture found in the in-store bakery of most supermarkets. The crunchy Italian ladyfingers (sometimes found near specialty cookies) are too big to fit into individual serving dishes and won’t soften as well.
- Greek-style yogurt is made by removing the whey from cultured milk, which gives the yogurt an extra-thick and creamy texture. Look for it with other yogurt in large supermarkets.
- Tip: To toast sliced almonds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.