Here is a simple recipe to make with ingredients you can find at our markets!
- 1 lb. green asparagus
- 7 oz strawberries
- baby spinach
- ½ cup pistachios (or nuts of your choice such as slivered almonds or pine nuts)
- ⅔ cup feta
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for vinaigrette)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (for vinaigrette)
- salt & pepper to taste (for vinaigrette & to flavor asparagus)
- olive oil for frying
- Remove woody ends of asparagus and cut remaining asparagus into pieces at a slight angle. Remove green tops from strawberries and slice into quarters.
- Heat up some olive oil in a large frying pan and fry asparagus pieces at moderate heat for approx. 8 – 10 min. until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the vinaigrette, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Combine baby spinach, fried asparagus, strawberries, and crumbled feta in a bowl. Dress with vinaigrette and sprinkle with roughly chopped pistachios to serve.