Recipe Courtesy Food Network
- 6 cups strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 bunch fresh mint
- 2-3 cups dry white wine
- Spring fresh mint
- Halve large berries, leave hulls in a few berries.
- Place berries in a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar and cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Remove mint leaves from one bunch of mint. Stack 6 to 8 leaves together; roll the stacked leaves. Slice across the roll to create narrow strips.
- Repeat with remaining leaves.
- Add the shredded mint to strawberries just before serving.
- To serve, evenly divide the minted berries and juices among 8 glasses; pour wine over berries until just covered. Garnish with mint sprigs.