Pasta with Fresh Mushrooms
This recipe is super easy to make – and you can find nearly all of the ingredients at our CSAs & roadside stands. It’s a great way to try out some of our Gourmet items and experiment with our new vinegars from American Vinegar Works!
- 1 pound tagliatelle pasta (available in our Gourmet section) – you can also use pappardelle or fettuccine
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 5 oz. shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (also available in our Gourmet section)
- ½ cup sweet marsala wine (or try the apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar from our Gourmet section)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped to garnish
- Add butter and olive oil to a large pan, melting butter over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until shallots sizzle and soften.
- Add marsala wine to the pan, stir, and then add the mushrooms.
- Cook mushrooms at a gentle boil for 5-6 minutes (stirring often over medium-high heat) until mushrooms reduce to about half their size and the sauce thickens a bit. Do not reduce sauce too much, or your pasta will be too dry.
- Stir in parmesan cheese so it melts into the sauce, adding creaminess. Turn down heat to very low, to keep the sauce warm. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil pasta, and drain. Immediately add pasta to sauce, tossing until combined.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh, chopped parsley and more parmesan cheese.