Potato & Green Bean Salad with Lemon
- 24 ounces small potatoes
- 8 ounces raw green beans
- ¼ cup basil leaves, packed
- 1 TBSP lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tsp light-colored miso (or salt to taste)
- 1-2 TBSP water
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- additional lemon juice, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Scrub potatoes well and cut into bite-size pieces. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add potatoes, and cook until just tender but not falling apart (10-20 minutes, depending on size of potatoes). When done, drain and rinse briefly with cold water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the green beans by trimming the ends ends and cutting into bite-sized pieces, 1 to 1 1/2-inches long. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the green beans, and cook until beans are tender but still bright green and crisp (5 to 10 minutes). Drain water from beans and immediately plunge them into a bath of ice water to stop cooking.
- To make the dressing, place 2 ounces of the cooked potatoes (60 g) into a small food processor or mini blender. Add basil, lemon juice, garlic, miso, and 1 tablespoon water. Process until creamy, scraping down sides and adding more water if necessary. Drain the green beans and add them to the potatoes in a large serving bowl. Gently fold in the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, to allow flavors to blend.
- Before serving, add the sliced red bell pepper. Taste for seasoning and add additional fresh lemon juice, salt, and freshly ground pepper as needed.