Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Cremini Mushrooms
- 8-10 oz crimini mushrooms (stems removed)
- 5 oz soft goat cheese
- 5 slices of bacon (fried and chopped)
- 3 slices sandwich bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pan fry bacon until crisp and set aside on paper towels to soak up excess grease.
- Using a food processor, pulse bread and garlic until they become fine crumbs. Set 1/2 cup aside. Add goat cheese, spinach, and red pepper flakes. Pulse until all of this is combined.
- In a large bowl, combine bacon and goat cheese mixture.
- Spoon this filling into each mushroom cap and top with reserved breadcrumbs
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms have begun to brown and are tender.
- Serve & enjoy!