Local strawberries are here! It’s time to get excited for healthy eating with farm fresh ingredients.
- 1/2 quart of strawberries (sliced in quarters)
- 1/4 lb of spinach
- 1 handful of seeds or chopped/sliced nuts (try our Marcona Almonds!)
- 1 spring onion (whites, thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese or shaved Parmesan (optional)
- Balsamic reduction (directions below) made with 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- For the balsamic reduction, add balsamic vinegar to a pot and bring to a boil on medium high heat. Then, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened to liking. Use a metal spoon to check the consistency by dipping in to see how it is coated. Set aside to cool while preparing the salad.
- Remove the stems of the strawberries and slice into even quartered slices.
- Prep your nuts/seeds, spring onions, and cheese.
- In a large bowl, add your spinach. Drizzle a light amount of olive oil and briefly toss with spinach. Add in the strawberries, spring onions and nuts. Finish by topping with cheese of choice and a healthy drizzle of balsamic reduction.