Strawberry & Blueberry Pudding Cake
Try this recipe using fresh berries you can find at our CSA & roadside stands!
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, & cooled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and butter a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine your egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla until just mixed. In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Pour your flour mixture into the egg and milk mixture and mix until just combined and smooth.
- Pour into a baking dish and gently spread out with a spatula so that it is even. Pour your berries over your pudding mix and bake for 25-30 mins or until a fork comes out clean.