Stawberry Dutch Baby
By Francesca Patterson
A Dutch baby is a puff pancake baked in the oven and topped with your favorites, like berries, chocolate, or apples. Right now, Norman’s fresh and sweet Spring strawberries are ideal for this delicious treat! With only a few simple ingredients, this is easy to whip up and is sure to make a beautiful centerpiece for your Memorial Day BBQ!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of butter (for the pan)
- 1 quart of strawberries (sliced)
- powdered sugar (to dust on top)
- Honey (to drizzle on top)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. With a blender, mix your batter by adding your flour, eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add the 3 tbsp of butter and half of your sliced strawberries to your skillet and place it in the oven until the butter begins to bubble, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Then, pour your batter over the melted butter and strawberries, and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until it has puffed up and the edges are browning.
- When you remove the pancake from the oven the middle will begin to deflate. Spoon the rest of your freshly chopped strawberries into the middle and spread them out with your spoon.
- Dust with a layer of powdered sugar, drizzle honey all over and serve in slices.