by Francesca Patterson
- Fairytale eggplants
- 1/8 Onion (finely sliced)
- 2 Basil leaves
- 1/4 Tomato (peeled and chopped)
- Olive oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- Cut the eggplants in half. With a spoon, gently scoop out the inside meat of the eggplants, being careful not to tear the skin. Save the eggplant meat in a bowl. Sprinkle salt on the inside of the scooped-out eggplants and let them sit for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a pan, begin sauteing the onions on medium-low with about two tbsp of olive oil.
- Place the eggplant meat and basil leaves and tomato in a food processor until finely chopped, or chop these very finely by hand. Add this mixture to the onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the eggplant mixture with bread crumbs, egg, a little more salt, and parmesan cheese. Mix together completely.
- Spoon this into the scooped-out eggplants. Top the stuffed eggplants with a little more cheese and bake for about 20-25 minutes.