Crispy Sweet Potato Bites
These sweet and savory sweet potato bites are a perfect appetizer for your Thanksgiving dinner. Pair them with a glass of warm cider to fully embrace chilly fall weather.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the sweet potato into 1/4 inch round slices and spread them out in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl thoroughly mix the olive oil and cardamom. Using a silicon or pastry brush, coat both sides of each sweet potato slice with the oil mixture. Bake the sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, or until they look crispy.
- Spread the pecans out on another baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 5-8 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
- Roughly chop the toasted pecans and add them to a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup with cinnamon and thyme. Mix the syrup with the pecans until combined.
- Top each sweet potato slice with the pecans and a touch of salt to taste.
- Serve & Enjoy!