It’s Tequila “thyme”! The perfect warm weather cocktail… tequila, bubbly, and fresh thyme.
- 2 oz. tequila of your choice (blanco/silver/plata is suggested. We used reposado for a richer flavor.)
- 1 oz. thyme simple syrup (easy ‘how to’ instructions below)
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- (About) 4 oz. sparkling wine
- Add tequila, lime juice and simple syrup to cocktail shaker with ice and shake thoroughly.
- Pour into preferred glassware (we used a champagne flute) and top with sparkling wine.
- Add fresh thyme sprig as garnish when serving (optional).
Thyme Simple Syrup:
- Use equal parts white sugar and water.
- Add 6-8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Bring to a boil, then allow to boil for 5 minutes, which adds flavor and texture.
- Strain through fine mesh and set aside to cool.
- Simple syrup should have a slightly golden color.