Tangy goodness! Really shake it up for a fun foam top.
- 2 oz. whiskey of your choice
- .5 oz. American Vinegar Works IPA Beer Malt Vinegar
- .75 oz. simple syrup (easy ‘how to’ instructions below)
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- 1 egg white
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with two ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously for 1-2 minutes or until ice sounds broken.
- Double strain through cocktail strainer and fine mesh strainer into a rocks glass with two ice cubes. (We made our cocktail “up” and used a coupe glass, no ice, as shown in the photo above.)
- Add a skewered maraschino cherry for garnish (optional).
- Use equal parts white sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, then allow to boil for 5 minutes, which adds to flavor and texture.
- Simple syrup should have a slightly golden color.