Kohlrabi Summer Slaw
We’ve had some requests for a simple slaw recipe using kohlrabi, so here it is! Feel free to substitute/add radishes, napa cabbage, and anything crunchy to make it your own!
- 4 small beets, or 1 large beet (peeled, shredded)
- 3 small kohlrabi, or 1 large kohlrabi (peeled, shredded)
- 2 carrots (peeled, shredded)
- 2-3 spring onions (chopped)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (try ours from American Vinegar Works!)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- salt to taste
- Peel, then shred the kohlrabi, beets, and carrots (and any crunchy veggies of your choice!) using a food processor or grater.
- Combine the shredded veggies in a large bowl with chopped spring onions.
- Whisk together liquids and sugar in a separate glass.
- Pour liquids over shredded vegetables; season with salt to taste.
- The slaw tastes best after being refrigerated for an hour before serving!