Yields 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup, (see Note)
- Cut 12 thin slices of cucumber for garnish.
- Peel and chop the rest of the cucumber; transfer to a food processor, add rosemary and puree.
- Pour the puree through a fine-mesh strainer set over a medium bowl or large measuring cup. Press on the solids to extract all the juice.
- Add water, lemon juice and agave syrup to the cucumber juice; stir until the agave is dissolved.
- Divide among 4 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with cucumber slices and rosemary sprigs.
Agave syrup or nectar is the naturally sweet juice extracted from the agave plant. It has a lower glycemic index than table sugar, but is even sweeter. Use it in moderation when substituting for table sugar. Look for it near other sweeteners in natural-foods stores.