Recipe courtesy of Megan
- 2lbs. squash and/or zucchini
- 1 tsp salt (divided into two 1/2 tsp)
- 4-6 scallions; trimmed and chopped
- Large bunch of basil
- 2-4 garlic scapes or 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9×13 pan.
- Grate squash either by hand or food processor and transfer to a colander to drain off liquid. Sprinkle squash with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Finely chop or food process scallions, basil, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (the dough will eventually be made in this bowl) hisk to combine flour, baking powder, remainder of salt, and cheese. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and oil together.
- Back to the squash, try to squeeze out as much of the remaining liquid as possible by placing the squash in a clean towel or cheese cloth.
- Add the squash, chopped vegetables, and eggs to the dry/cheese ingredient bowl. Mix until combined and pour into 9×13 pan and spread evenly.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes, but cooking time can vary on how much moisture remained in the squash. Use a toothpick to test the middle for doneness.