Sugar Snap Pea Salad with Radishes, Arugula & Feta
Local sugar snap peas are here! Pair them with local radishes, some Norman’s grown arugula and our new Gourmet feta, and you have all you need for the perfect Springtime salad… crisp, crunchy and bursting with flavor!*
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb sugar snap peas, strings removed, cut into ½-inch pieces diagonally
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, and sliced thin
- 2 oz baby arugula (about 2 large handfuls)
- 4 oz feta, crumbled
- Combine garlic clove, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and ½ teaspoon of kosher salt in a jar or large glass measuring cup. Whisk in olive oil, then season with black pepper and more salt to taste. Set aside to let garlic marinate while you assemble the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine snap peas, radishes, arugula and feta.
- Remove garlic clove from dressing and discard. Add two-thirds of dressing to salad then toss to combine. Taste and add more dressing if desired. Serve.
- (HINT: The arugula and sliced radishes will wilt after about 20 minutes in the dressing, so it’s best to toss the snap pea salad in the dressing just before serving.)
*How to string sugar snap peas
Hold the sugar snap pea so the curved edge is facing you. Use your fingers or a paring knife to snap off one small end of the pea, then slowly pull the string towards you along the curved edge. Repeat the process from the other end. Discard strings and use snap peas as desired