Nectarine Strawberry Tomato Bruschetta
- ½ loaf of sourdough bread, sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 large nectarine, thinly sliced
- Handful of strawberries, thinly sliced
- Handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sweet balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, basil, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, pinch of salt, and ground black pepper to taste. Let sit about 10 minutes to let flavors marinate while you toast the bread.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brush both sides of sourdough slices with the remaining olive oil. Cook the slices in the skillet until browned, gently pressing occasionally to help toast, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle toasted slices with a pinch of salt. Layer with nectarine and strawberries slices. Evenly spoon tomato topping on each slice. Drizzle with sweet balsamic glaze as desired. Top with a little fresh ground black pepper and garnish with any remaining basil. Serve immediately & enjoy!